Waitlisting - Registration
SJSU has "waitlisting" for all classes. Waitlisting puts you in line to get a space in a closed class, should a space become available.
Where do I sign up?
Waitlisting is only available at MySJSU (http://my.sjsu.edu). If a class is full, you may place yourself on a waitlist for any seats that might become available.
Waitlist When You Add Classes
- Navigate to 'add classes.'
- At "Step 1, Select classes to add," search for your preferred course.
- If the class is full and the waitlist option is available, you will see the yellow waitlist icon.
- To place yourself on the waitlist, you must click the checkbox next to "Wait list if class is full."
- You will be returned to Step 1. You must complete the remaining steps of the process to add classes.
- When you finish enrolling in the class, you will see a message indicating that you are on the waitlist and your current position number on the list.
- Monitor your waitlist position by navigating to "My Class Schedule" at MySJSU.
Problems? Questions? Comments? Contact Registrar@sjsu.edu
Waitlist - Validity
You can add yourself to the waitlist for a class from the time the class is full until the end of the Advance Registration.
- Waitlists become null and void after this date. Advance Registration (see exact date for each semester at www.sjsu.edu/registrar/calendar/index.html)
- There is no guarantee you will be moved off the waitlist and enrolled in the class.
- When classes begin, instructors are not required to add students who were waitlisted for the class.
- Check your schedule regularly at MySJSU to monitor your position on a waitlist.
If you decide you no longer wish to wait for space to become available, as a courtesy to other students, drop yourself from the waitlist.
|Waitlist - Registration Procedures|
|Waitlist - Registration Issues|
|Waitlist - Registration Billing|