Transcript of Record

Transcript Requests

Current and former San Jose State students have several ways to order official and unofficial transcripts

  1. Official transcripts through the E-transcript portal (preferred)
  2. Official paper transcripts through MySJSU
  3. Official paper transcripts by mail request
  4. Unofficial transcripts through MySJSU

For more information on Transcripts visit


If there is any financial hold or administrative obligation on your student records, it must be cleared with the department that placed the hold before transcripts can be processed. Holds may be placed on your student records by other campus departments for various reasons (e.g. fees, books, housing, equipment or documents).

General Transcript Regulations:

  1. Transcripts are a complete record of all courses and/or degrees completed at San José State University. Transcripts do not include course work completed at other institutions. Only the transferable units are reflected on transcripts under "Transfer Credit". Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated. You must apply directly to each school for copies of their transcripts.
  2. For students who have undergraduate and post-baccalaureate or graduate course work, please be aware that it is not possible to separate undergraduate course work from the post-baccalaureate or graduate course work. All careers will appear on the transcript as it is considered one official record.
  3. Transcript requests will not be accepted by fax or e-mail.
  4. We do not accept requests for unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained through your Student Center page on the mySJSU portal (current and newly graduated students only). If you need assistance with your mySJSU account, please contact the IT Help Desk via e-mail: