General Education (GE) - Academic Advisement
Academic Advising and Retention Services provides general education academic advising to ensure your academic success and help you achieve your educational goals. To make the most of your advising sessions, please observe the following:
- You must be a currently matriculated student at the time you make an appointment.
- Bring a complete set of all college transcripts--unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Bring a copy of your General Education certification if you attended a California Community College. A partial certification is acceptable.
- Review MyProgress report prior to your appointment
- Learn the requirements for your major--see the SJSU Catalog for details.
- See your major advisor.
Note: Admitted students should wait until after attending an orientation program before requesting an appointment. Students who have not yet been admitted to SJSU should make an appointment for advising with Student Outreach and Recruitment at 408-924-2564.
Academic Advising and Retention Services
Student Services Center