- Go to www.csumentor.edu and select "apply online" to create an account. Complete all questions in detail. The application fee is $55.00 by credit card or a U.S. check or money order. Select "international admission application" and then select San José State University.
- Wait for an email with your SJSU ID number. You will include this number on all documents you submit.
- Complete the Declaration of Finance for international students. Check your MySJSU "To Do List" for further details.
- Submit a copy of your current passport, making sure that it is not expired or will not expire by the time your I-20 is processed. The U.S. government requires that the name on your SJSU admission application and your passport be identical.
- Provide a current bank statement or official letter from your bank stating you have the minimum amount to cover a full school year in tuition, housing, books, supplies and other personal expenses.
Send transcripts, and other supporting documents, as requested, to:
Office of Admissions
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0016
The Declaration of Finance, bank statement/letter from bank and copy of passport can be submitted via email. Please convert documents to PDF format. Free PDF converters are available at primopdf.com or freepdfconvert.com. Include your nine-digit ID and your first and last name in the BODY of the email message. Send email with attachments to email@example.com. Note: One email may contain multiple PDF files.
Please note: After your documents have been submitted, it may take up to three weeks for your "To Do List" items on your MySJSU account to be updated. Avoid delays, apply early, and submit documents as soon as possible in the approved format.
Continue to check your MySJSU account for important messages, required documents and deadlines.