Questions to ask before your student begins classes at SJSU . . .
- Discuss academic expectations ahead of time.
- What are your student's academic goals? Do they match yours?
- Remember, most students do not do as well as they did in high school.
- Is there a plan for financing your student's education? Discuss budgets and realistic expectations for work.
- Have you developed a communication plan with your student? Discuss expectations about phone calls, texts, e-mails, and letters. Have a contingency plan in the event of a local or national emergency. Even if you never use it, you'll feel better for having a plan.