Grades - Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) - Elective

An upper-division (Junior or Senior) student shall have the option of taking a maximum of 12 semester units as long as the units are not in the major or minor, or in support of, preparation for or prerequisite to the major or minor, or for General Education on the basis of Credit/No Credit for courses under the basic letter grade system. Eligible students may choose this option by turning in the CR/NC option form, available at, by the add deadline. Students may accumulate a maximum of 60 semester units of Credit/No Credit grades toward a baccalaureate degree.

In addition to turning in the CR/NC Option form, you must have officially added the class.

CAUTION: Credit = A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C; No Credit = C-, D+, D, D-, F, IC, WU.